Thursday, May 8, 2008

Spring Season Tribute

The sports spring season at Disney is coming to an end. We had our last games of the season this week, and we're entering the tournaments next week.

On Monday, the "Swingers" (below) finished with a 2-8 record...



...but we had fun doing it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Tuesday, my 6v6 volleyball team, the Serve-ivors, (below) in which I retained my Captain duties for the third season, completed the season with a record of 4-6.

Most of us work together... and my coworkers are the best part of my work day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And tonight, my 4v4 volleyball team, "Hey-O" (below), wrapped up the season with a 1-9 record.

We work a lot harder than our record indicates...

Jeff, Jolyon, and Ricky (above) are ready to receive the ball. Sorta.

Jeff's arms (above) are crossed. Good thing I hit the ball straight. Once.


Ah, now this one's more like it....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All in all, it was a great spring. It's anyone's game in the tournament, since our records are erased and everyone starts fresh. We'll see what happens!
On an unrelated note, for all the mothers out there-- happy Mother's Day! My mom is in town from Michigan for an extended weekend, and we're making the most of the time we have together, since we only see each other a few times a year. Send your own mother a card, or, if you're lucky enough to be in the same city, go visit her.
Until next time...



2 comments:

Ryan said...

Wow! Those softball pics look like they were taken by a professional! I must have his card!

*Robin* said...

You're so cute you little athlete you!