Friday, July 30, 2010

Technology

Technology is amazing.

This coming from the girl who- not less than three years ago- still clung to her VCR and prized VHS tapes. I haven't jumped on the blueray bandwagon just yet (I'm not that much of a lemming), but it's only a matter of time.

I've gotten off track.

I'm writing this post from my new smart phone - a DROID X. It was released on July 15th and I still can't believe I own this fascinating miniature computer disguised as a cellular device, enabling me to be further socially connected and engaged with the world.

Two key features of note: 8 mp camera and speech-to-text functionality. I can snap a vivid picture of my chocolate gelato at lunch (did that), talk into my phone a brief caption for said photo (also did that), and click send or post. Instant connection. (Did that, too.)

I can now chuckle alongside other smart phone owners as we stand on our proverbial platform of "there's an app for that, you know."

And, damn. There really IS an app for everything.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.8

1 comment:

Noah G said...

It's definitely worth noting that Blu-Ray is AMAZING!! I recently got a Playstation 3 since I'm a huge video game junky (perhaps a little know fact?) and it comes with a built in Blu-Ray. With Erin's growing Twilight obsession, I picked up the Twilight Blu Ray from Blockbuster before the release of the second movie and it was incredible. The sound and the HD was absolutely amazing. I definitely didn't think it would be THAT much better than a normal DVD, but it definitely is!