Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Busy Musings -- To Be Continued...

Life has been busy. So busy in that I haven't had much ShellyTime, the reflection time I sometimes need, the "hey, self, you still hangin' in there?" type of moments in the evening when I can focus my energy on me.
Hence why my blogs have been few and far between these days.
So much to reflect on.
I joined an indoor soccer league. I'm feeling great about the outdoor soccer league, though it is already sadly coming to an end in a few weeks. For three consecutive mornings, I rowed in a ten-person canoe race on the Rivers of America at the Magic Kingdom before dawn. I went bowling with a group of friends and surprised myself at my high score. Jolyon ventured home to Massachusetts with me to witness one of my long-time friends get married. He met most of my hometown friends and some of my college friends. He blended--dare I say it-- perfectly with my crazy (but awesome) family. 6v6 volleyball is starting up in a few weeks. Lito asked me to coach soccer with him again this fall.
My musings, however, will be exhausted in this public forum on another night, as I am much too exhausted to do anything but curl up in bed with the boy, and probably a howling cat, or two.
Good night for now, my friends.

No comments: