Monday, July 7, 2008

Thank You For Reading

I have moments when I am suddenly inexplicably sad.

It's a deep, aching sensation that starts in my gut and works its way into a ball in my throat. It's as if I have something to say, but can't find the words... and even if I could verbalize the feeling, I would be incapable of doing so. This sadness blindsides me each time, bubbling up from someplace I rarely visit.

I feel very alone and helpless when this happens. I can't explain it. It's usually at a late hour in which I don't want to disturb anyone, so I suffer in silence until the sensation passes.

So, while I wait for this sadness to disperse, I write to you, my blog-reader, one of the current 885 readers to date. Yes, I know you're out there. And it's comforting to know that someone will read this post approximately 11 minutes after I hit "publish."

Maybe it's my reader from Winter Garden, FL? Or Granby, CT? Or Lake Mary, FL? Valley Forge, PA? Port Orange, FL? Boston, MA? Taunton, MA? Palm Bay, FL? Oviedo, FL? Providence, RI? Raynham Center, MA? Norwich, CT?

I could go on...

Thank you for reading.

Goodnight.

4 comments:

Noah G said...

Hope that you made it back to Orlando safely. Also, how did you come up with those stats? :)

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way at times..

*Robin* said...

The benefit of having a best friend/sister is that you can call her ANYTIME even if you think you'd be bothering, you wouldn't. Here for you always <3

LEANDRA said...

ohh i feel that way too sometimes