Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sweet Serendipity

I've never been all that into music. It's not that I don't like music, I just don't seek it out, download it, or share tunes and lyrics with people.

Until today.

I've received a lot of bad news this week. The kind of news that makes your heart ache for others, leaving you feeling especially helpless. I've offered up a prayer or two for each situation, hoping comfort and peace will find its way into their hearts. While driving home from work today, and still dwelling on one situation in particular, a song came on the radio that I hadn't heard before. And I listen to the same station on my morning and evening commute, so the amount of replays tends to rank high on the annoying scale.

But this beat was pure (Can beat be pure? I've never reviewed music before.) and the lyrics were full of hope and inspiration. At least for me.

Maybe you'll think so, too.

Lee DeWyze's Sweet Serendipity
Video
Lyrics

No comments: