Thursday, March 31, 2011

Soul Journaling, Day 3 and 4

Day 3 and day 4 of Sarah Whitmire's soul journaling involved creating my "soul armor": what nourishes and protects my creative spirit. It took me a few days to think about what this entailed for me. I even made a list before I got started.
  • Sunshine
  • Laughter
  • Playfulness
  • The beach
  • Windchimes
  • Clouds
  • Friendships
  • Scented candles
  • Purple
  • Yoga and meditation
  • Walking, runnning, biking (being in motion)
And this is what manifested on the page.


My favorite part of this page is the little boy in the middle. He reminds me of my childhood, when I wasn't afraid to dress up in a wacky costume and enter a world of make believe. He's serious in the most playful way possible, courageous in a right-up-until-dinner time type of way.

He's my inner creative child, the one I've been shielding from the world for a good five years.


I'll continue to protect him; however, it's time he made a more regular appearance and became a bit more reliable, like his daily afternoon cartoons.

Juxtapose that childlike state with the more adult-like images on my page, and I've got the ultimate soul armor. I'm ready to run the creative gauntlet! Adieu, my good friends!

************************************

Reading this via Facebook Notes? Check out the real deal on my blog.

http://shellysasse.blogspot.com/

No comments: